Friday, October 2, 2009

Chicago - my kind of town.

Did the Olympic committee make a mistake in not selecting Chicago? Yes!

Chicago is one of the best cities in the USA.

Straddled between the Big Apple and the Fruits and Nuts of Los Angeles; Chicago is the heartland of America. This is a great city to start any adventure; including an Olympic one. There are sophisticated museums, fabulous hotels, terrific shopping, a wide-variety of delicious restaurants and some of the most hospitable and friendly people in the world.

Yes, I love the corn-fed, beer-drinking, hot-dog eating Illinoisans with big hearts and Midwestern sensibilities.

Sure, they say the women are more beautiful in Brazil, but the Chicago-area hails many amazing beauties; ever hear of Cindy Crawford?

Are Chicagoan's violent - okay the city does have a history of major gangsters - but I believe it is the exception not the rule. No one wants gang violence and the Olympics would be a terrific incentive for a major crack-down.

A huge opportunity was lost for Chicago - and the world. But I am planning to go to Chicago for the 2016 Olympics anyway - where I can drink my beer, eat my brats and get a decent piece of corn-on-the-cob - all in front of a television wearing my Cubbies tee-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment